This lesson is for people thinking about learning guitar or just starting. While taking guitar beginner lessons, it is very important for us to know that we need to be really patient and practice a lot in order to master the guitar playing skills. Therefore, we have to be patience and practice as much as much we can. The more we practice, the faster we’ll be able to learn to play the guitar like a professional.
Some important guitar lesson & tips for beginners:
Here are few tips that will help us, as a beginner, to learn how to play a guitar well.
1. Practice well – The more we practice, the more familiar we will be with our musical instrument. It is recommended that we practice at least for 30 minutes daily.
2. Make a practicing schedule – The quality of practice is important rather than practicing it for long hours. Take help of our guitar teacher to know how to make the most of our practicing sessions.
3. Practice with a metronome – It is quite important to keep good timing while playing a guitar. Therefore, we should practice with a metronome. However, start off with a slow speed at the beginning in order to develop good playing habit and better control.
4. Be careful about our posture – Taking guitar lessons is often painful and uncomfortable. So, learn the correct playing posture so as to avoid painful aches in our shoulder, back, neck, etc.
5. Don’t play too fast – It is advisable that we don’t play too fast in the beginning. First, learn to play the notes correctly, then only we can play it like a professional.
6. Change the guitar strings – Do not wait until our strings break. Change the strings when required as it is responsible for producing high quality sound.
Understanding our guitar before you read any lessons you need to learn all the jargon and learn the names for all the parts of the guitar. Lessons will be talking about parts such as frets, bridges, pickups, machine-heads, nuts, necks, sound holes and plenty more. If we don't know what all these parts are we will have hard time learning. Once we feel comfortable with all the part names, lessons will make a lot more sense.